How To Use This Page
Nazareth College continues to monitor the ongoing local and worldwide situation of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We would like to reassure parents that the health and wellbeing of our students, staff, families and community is our number one priority.
We continue to monitor the situation and all actions and recommendations taken by the college are in consultation with the Catholic Education of Melbourne Offices (CEO) and the Victorian Government to ensure we are well informed and prepared.
Nazareth College is preparing for a range of scenarios and have outlined some key information below. We will continue to keep this page updated as this situation continues to evolve.
Please utilise this page as a central point of reference to help you navigate necessary information put out by the College.
Communication and Updates
Updated information and links will be provided to families via direct email and featured in our new College App (SiMON Everywhere). If you do not have the College App you can download it by visiting the following links and logging in with your PAM details.
Please ensure the College has your up-to-date email addresses. You can provide this updated information to the College by emailing Student Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have PAM details or have forgotten your password, please click on the ‘Forgotten Password Link’ and a new password will be emailed to the email on record. Follow the instruction provided in this email to reset your new password. Please ensure you check your Junk email filter before contacting the College.
Recent Updates from the College
- End of Term Update from the Principal – 25 March 2020
- Message from Archbishop Comensoli – 25 March 2020
- Update from the Principal Re: School Closure – 23 March 2020
- Counselling Updates– 23 March 2020
- Wellbeing Updates – March 2020
- Tips for Coping with Corona Virus Anxiety – 17 March 2020
- Offsite Learning – 17 March 2020
- Cancellation of Carnival – 13 March 2020
- Letter from the Principal – 12 March 2020
Impacts to College Events
The following activities are suspended or cancelled until further notice and it is likely to continue into Term 2.
- Term 1
- VCALSCOPE Balloon Football
- VCAL St Elizabeth’s Year 11
- VCAL SCOPE Guest Speakers
- All Weekly SIS Sport
- St Anthony’s Tutoring Program
- St Patrick’s Day Mass and Concert
- Bridging English Excursion
- Duke of Edinburgh Term 1 x 2 Camps
- Year 8 English Runner Excursion (x2)
- VisComm Excursions
- Building Bridges
- Year 7 Immunisations
- St Anthony’s Harmony Day Celebrations
- Rise Youth Festival
- Soup Kitchen
- SIS Performing Arts Concert and Rehearsals Excursion
- Top Arts Design Excursion
- Years 11 and 12 Studio Arts Excursion
- VCE Media Excursion
- Year 9 Business Expo
- Easter Prayer Service will be in Class Groups
- LEAP Swinburne Friday VET Classes
- Term 2
- Year 7 Camp
- Conversation Corner
- School Tours – 22 April @ 9am
- Open Evening – 12 May @ 5.30pm
Continuing Learning during School Closure
From Tuesday 24 March through Monday 13 April, students will be on holidays.
We are ready for full or partial closure of the school in the event that happens from Tuesday 14 April 2020. This has NOT been decided yet and will not until early Term 2 based on Government advice.
We will notify all parents, guardians, staff and students of this in the event that decision is made.
Our staff are doing their best to ensure that the learning experience continues to serve all members of our Community.
We plan to continue our teaching and learning program as normal if circumstances allow us to, but we are also offering remote access to classes for students. If Nazareth College has to be closed for an extended period of time, we plan to continue our learning and teaching program remotely.
Our plan is that teachers will teach their classes as per the school timetable. Students who are not at school will join their Google Classroom at the regular timetabled period and follow instructions from there. Teachers may have a video conference via Zoom, collaborate on Google Classroom or ask students to work on exercises during that class. Students will be able to upload tasks onto Google Classroom and receive feedback via Google Classroom.
Student Queries for Accessing Remote Learning
Any query by a student about accessing the remote learning portals, please email ICT Helpdesk at email@example.com.
Protocols for Off-Campus Learning
The ongoing education of our students is of utmost importance to us. In these unprecedented times we are putting in place some structures for your learning off campus.
What is your day going to look like?
- Check Simon for announcements every morning.
- At the start of each timetabled class, check to see what the teacher has planned for your lesson.
- Communicate with your teacher about how you are progressing via email or Google Classroom.
- Create a regular and safe space for you to study. Your bedroom is not the best place for this. A study, dining/kitchen table might be good for that.
- You do not have to be in uniform but if you are Zooming in real time, dress appropriately. Do not Zoom from your bedroom.
- Any comment you make online will be recorded and kept, so ensure that any communication is appropriate.
- Inappropriate behaviour online will be followed up by your teacher.
- Structure your day according to your timetable. Have the normal breaks you would have and try to be active in your house. Help with some housework! Keep a routine. Eat healthy meals and snack regularly.
- Don’t be distracted by social media. We want you to stay connected with your friends, but do it in your break times and “after school”.
- Keep communications with your Pastoral teacher. Check in and check out every day. Just a “Hi” to say you are ok.
We understand that motivation might become an issue in the on-line learning space. We will be monitoring the academic progress of our students.
These are difficult times and we would like to make sure that you are coping well with this new structure. Let us know if you are feeling anxious. The Wellbeing team are only an email away.
We thank you for your ongoing support.
|Wellbeing||Directors of Wellbeing||Jackie Kol|
|VCE||Director of Studies||Maurice Di Muziofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Enquiries||Vice Principal||Justin Duckettemail@example.com|
|Other Enquiries||Director of Learning Innovation||Claire Nailonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|General Student Enquiries||Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|ICT||ICT Help Deksfirstname.lastname@example.org|