How To Use This Page
Nazareth College continues to monitor the ongoing local and worldwide situation of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We would like to reassure parents that the health and wellbeing of our students, staff, families and community is our number one priority.
We continue to monitor the situation and all actions and recommendations taken by the college are in consultation with the Catholic Education of Melbourne Offices (CEO) and the Victorian Government to ensure we are well informed and prepared.
Nazareth College is preparing for a range of scenarios and have outlined some key information below. We will continue to keep this page updated as this situation continues to evolve.
Please utilise this page as a central point of reference to help you navigate necessary information put out by the College.
Communication and Updates
Updated information and links will be provided to families via direct email and featured in our new College App (SiMON Everywhere). If you do not have the College App you can download it by visiting the following links and logging in with your PAM details.
Please ensure the College has your up-to-date email addresses. You can provide this updated information to the College by emailing Student Service at email@example.com.
If you do not have PAM details or have forgotten your password, please click on the ‘Forgotten Password Link’ and a new password will be emailed to the email on record. Follow the instruction provided in this email to reset your new password. Please ensure you check your Junk email filter before contacting the College.
Recent Updates from the College
- Term 2 Plan – 13 May 2020
- Update from the Principal – 12 May 2020
- Community Update Video – 7 May 2020
- Community Update Video – 23 April 2020
- Update from the Principal Re: Term 2 Student Learning Arrangements – 7 April 2020
- End of Term Update from the Principal – 25 March 2020
- Message from Archbishop Comensoli – 25 March 2020
- Update from the Principal Re: School Closure – 23 March 2020
- Counseling Updates– 23 March 2020
- Wellbeing Updates – March 2020
- Tips for Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety – 17 March 2020
- Offsite Learning – 17 March 2020
- Cancellation of Carnival – 13 March 2020
- Letter from the Principal – 12 March 2020
Impacts to College Events
The following activities are suspended or cancelled until further notice and it is likely to continue into Term 2.
- Term 1
- VCALSCOPE Balloon Football
- VCAL St Elizabeth’s Year 11
- VCAL SCOPE Guest Speakers
- All Weekly SIS Sport
- St Anthony’s Tutoring Program
- St Patrick’s Day Mass and Concert
- Bridging English Excursion
- Duke of Edinburgh Term 1 x 2 Camps
- Year 8 English Runner Excursion (x2)
- VisComm Excursions
- Building Bridges
- Year 7 Immunisations
- St Anthony’s Harmony Day Celebrations
- Rise Youth Festival
- Soup Kitchen
- SIS Performing Arts Concert and Rehearsals Excursion
- Top Arts Design Excursion
- Years 11 and 12 Studio Arts Excursion
- VCE Media Excursion
- Year 9 Business Expo
- Easter Prayer Service will be in Class Groups
- LEAP Swinburne Friday VET Classes
- Term 2
- Year 7 Camp
- Conversation Corner
- School Tours – 22 April @ 9am
- Open Evening – 12 May @ 5.30pm
Continuing Learning during School Closure
From Tuesday 24 March through Tuesday 14 April, students will be on holidays.
Students will commence online learning from Wednesday 15 April 2020 (Day 3) per their normal timetable. This will continue for the duration of Term 2.
We will notify all parents, guardians, staff and students as more information becomes available.
Our staff are doing their best to ensure that the learning experience continues to serve all members of our Community.
Teachers will teach their classes as per the school timetable. Students will join their Google Classroom at the regular timetabled period and follow instructions from there. Teachers may have a video conference via Zoom, collaborate on Google Classroom or ask students to work on exercises during that class. Students will be able to upload tasks onto Google Classroom and receive feedback via Google Classroom.
Student Queries for Accessing Remote Learning
Any query by a student about accessing the remote learning portals, please email ICT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nazareth College Learning Plan for the Community
We have created a document to help navigate online learning for parents, students and staff. This document will be made available shortly.
The Victorian Government has requested that all children who can learn remotely from home do so. If circumstances prevent this from happening due to parents who are deamed to be essential service workers or students who are unable to work online from home, then these students will be accomodated at school to complete their online learning.
We ask parents who are in this situation to contact Justin Duckett via email at email@example.com.
These are difficult times and we would like to make sure that you are coping well with this new structure. Let us know if you are feeling anxious. The Wellbeing team are only an email away.
We thank you for your ongoing support.
|Wellbeing||Directors of Wellbeing||Jackie Kol|
|Pastoral||HOH – Chisholm||Deirdre Hughesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pastoral||HOH – Mannix||Brendan McAleeremail@example.com|
|Pastoral||HOH – Knox||Rodney Diazfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pastoral||HOH – McAuley||Marjoleine Dekkeremail@example.com|
|Pastoral||HOH – Mackillop||Victor Bruscofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pastoral||HOH – McCormack||Barbara Murphyemail@example.com|
|VCE||Director of Studies||Maurice Di Muziofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Enquiries||Assistant Principal – Faith & Wellbeing||Justin Duckettemail@example.com|
|Other Enquiries||Director of Learning Innovation||Claire Nailonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Other Enquiries||Director of College Operations||Rinku Aroraemail@example.com|
|ICT Help Desk|