Scholarship applications are now open for students entering Nazareth in 2022.
All Scholarship recipients must:
- Adhere to all school expectations;
- Commit fully to all aspects of their studies;
- Display exemplary personal conduct at all times;
- Participate in school events and activities.
For the Academic Excellence Scholarship to be awarded, students should also display an outstanding standard of scholastic ability across a range of subjects.
Preference is given to those also exhibiting characteristic merit in General Excellence.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of completion of the Scholarship Application Form, the scholarship examination result, a review of the student’s most recent school reports, NAPLAN test results and an interview with College Leadership.
General & Sporting Excellence Scholarship
For the General & Sporting Excellence Scholarship to be awarded, students should excel in the following categories:
- Attitude: Evidence of selfless contribution to the wider community;
- Leadership: A role model for other students;
- Service: Participation in community activities;
- Sport: School representation without necessarily being a champion;
- Arts: Enthusiastic participation in the cultural and artistic life of the school.
Performing Arts Scholarship
Evidence of external records of high achievements or performances – eg AMEB levels, band or stage performance etc – are to be provided to the College as part of the interview process. Students must also prepare and present a short performance of their own choice at interview. Students may be asked to perform an impromptu task as part of the interview process.
For the Performing Arts Scholarship to be awarded, students will also be expected to:
- Participate in, promote and support Performing Art events;
- Represent Nazareth College at community events;
- Participate in College Ensembles.
How to Apply
Your completed application must contain:
- Nazareth College Scholarship Application Form;
- Attach copies of your most recent NAPLAN & School report and other supporting documentation;
- Register Online to complete the Edutest examination.
Send your completed application to:
PO Box 1289, Waverley Gardens, VIC 3170
Ph: (03) 9795 8100
Scholarship applications for 2022 close at 4pm on Friday 15 May 2021.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Edutest Testing
Date: To be advised
Time: 9am to 12 noon
What to bring on the day?
Students may wear casual clothes on the day and are required to bring:
- ONE form of photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification are –
- Student card (issued by your school)
- Current student travel card
- A recent class photograph with the name clearly shown
- Passport (recent)
- Current Library card (with photo)
- Two HB pencils
- Pens – a blue or black pen
- Snack and water to have during their break, which will take place half way through the testing period
Please contact the school upon registration should your child have a medical condition that we need to be aware of during the examination.
Further information about Edutest Examination Testing Day will be sent to all applicants one week prior to the examination date. Please note that Edutest results will not be released to parents or guardians.
For further enquiries or to confirm if your registration has been received by Nazareth College please contact:
Mrs Barbara Hluchanic
Executive Assistant to the Principal
Ph: (03) 9790 8120
All applicants will be shortlisted based on Edutest examination results, NAPLAN and school reports and other supporting documentation supplied in accordance with scholarship criteria outlined above.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with Mr Sam Cosentino, Nazareth College Principal and the Director of Studies. Students applying for a Performing Arts Scholarship are also required to audition on their principal study (acting, dance or instrumental music) after their interview.
Auditions for Performing Arts Scholarships will be held in the Nazareth College Wheeler Auditorium. Applicants will be informed of their audition date and time in advance.
At the audition, Performing Arts applicants will be required to present a work that demonstrates their skills in the area of specialisation:
- Two small solo works in two different styles (ie Classical, jazz, rock etc)
- One solo study of technical work of at least 30 seconds in length
- A monologue
- Excerpt from a two actor script
- Dance excerpt from two different styles
All Performing Arts scholarship applicants will be required to supply their own backing tracks.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing once interviews are concluded.
Successful scholarship recipients will be presented with their scholarship during the Nazareth College Presentation Night, held in October.
Terms & Conditions
- All Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at Nazareth College.
- All Scholarship holders are expected to contribute positively and enthusiastically to school life.
- Each Scholarship holder’s progress in the College and contribution to College life will be reviewed annually.
- No student may hold more than one Scholarship.
- Scholarships must be repaid to the College should a Scholarship holder leave to attend another school.
- All scholarship decisions will be final and at the sole discretion of Nazareth College. No correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants.