Child FIRST is a Government initiative that allows families to access free, tailored parenting support. Child FIRST helps ensure that children, young people and their families are linked effectively into all relevant services.
Referrals can be made by calling the number listed for the council area you live in.
Parents can expect to receive:
- A single telephone number for family services
- Appropriate information and advice over the phone
- A referral to services that meet your needs
- Assistance in identifying the needs of you and your children; and support in identifying goals that will meet those needs
- Information about groups that are available for you to attend (for example, young mums, single parents, grandparents and carers, etc).
Local Government Area