Workplace Gender Equity Agency Public Report
Child Safety Policy
The National Safe Schools Framework is based on the following overarching vision:
All Australian schools are safe, supportive and respectful teaching and learning communities that promote student wellbeing.
The vision is supported by guiding principles for safe, supportive and respectful school communities. These guiding principles emphasise the importance of student safety and wellbeing for effective learning in all school settings.
- affirm the rights of all members of the school community to feel safe and be safe at school
- acknowledge that being safe and supported at school is essential for student wellbeing and effective learning
- accept responsibility for developing and sustaining safe and supportive learning and teaching communities that also fulfill the school’s child protection responsibilities
- encourage the active participation of all school community members in developing and maintaining a safe school community where diversity is valued
- actively support young people to develop understanding and skills to keep themselves and others safe
- commit to developing a safe school community through a whole-school and evidence-based approach
Student Accident Insurance Policy
All families should note that the College has Student Accident Insurance in place that covers our students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (College related actives). This insurance Policy covers the following types of insured events: Dental injuries, broken or fractured bones, dislocation of joints, ligament and organ damage, burns, non-Medicare accident expenses etc.
If you find yourself in a situation where you need to make a claim, please complete the attached claim form and forward it to the Business Manager.